The Council’s Parks Team have a tree policy that sets out how trees will be managed, inspected and maintained.
The main aims and objectives for this are:
- to manage the current tree stock with sound arboricultural practice
- to extend tree canopy cover to 15% by 2050
- to protect trees subject to Tree Preservation Orders
- to promote better awareness and knowledge of trees
- to encourage the community and businesses to plant trees on their own land
There is also a list of tree planting available and continually updated.